Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ellen Bloom, September 2005

Ellen Bloom
Since I'm the Curator of the HBO Art Gallery, I was the first artist to exhibit in the space. The title of this show was "To Protect and Preserve: The Historic Zones of Los Angeles." My statement:
The semi-abstract style used in this series of pieces, utilizing multiple transparent veils of paint through which collaged images or words appear and disappear communicates an emotional and sensual composition versus some of my earlier paintings of various architectural styles that have been painted in a more representational style.
I feel strongly about architectural conservation in Los Angeles. I’m a second generation native and I’ve seen so much change in this City in my lifetime. The Los Angeles Conservancy has supported the forming of Historic Preservation Overlay Zones in L.A. The LAC’s description: "An HPOZ is a City-designated historic district composed of a group of buildings (either an entire neighborhood or part of a neighborhood) which are related to one another historically, architecturally and/or culturally." I look forward to more HPOZ’s being created in L.A.
"Exotic L.A."
More images from this show can be seen in the "L.A. Landscapes" album, here.

No comments:

 
Hirens BootCD
hard drive recovery